The Christian Scholars Program helps each student pursue God’s calling to be Christ in the world. As servant scholars, students will work beside helpful mentors, develop lifelong friends, think carefully about their life and faith, reflect deeply on the world’s great needs, and pursue their vocation through meaningful travel experiences. For due dates and a list of other programs of distinction, click here.
- CSP Directions: The summer before their freshmen year, CSP students attend a four-day camp, where they will make new friends, meet faculty and staff mentors, worship, and talk about God’s calling.
- CSP Fall Break Retreat: CSP freshmen attend a fall break retreat at Hilton Head for some quality beach time, shared meals, worship, and reflection on vocation.
- A Vocations Course: Sometime during their college career, students will take a 3-credit Vocations course, where they will read scripture and great Christian texts, reflect on vocation, and participate in a spring break mission trip.
- Chapel Service: Each semester, CSP students, will attend 2 chapel services, where they will worship and sing together and encounter God’s Word in a powerful way.
“As a member of the Christian Scholars Program, I attended Directions in the summer before my freshman year. Building relationships with fellow students and faculty before I even had moved in assured me that there were like-minded people on campus who cared about both their education and their faith. I particularly enjoyed volunteering at the Amen House food bank and journaling and hiking at Red River Gorge. CSP is all about community service and personal growth like this. The Christian Scholars Program also allowed me to go on a fall break trip to Hilton Head. While the beach was nice, there was still plenty of time devoted to worship, teaching, and community. I really enjoyed the small group activities. Our leader Rachael was personal, invested, and incredibly helpful. She even gave us her phone number so that we could contact her if we needed some advice. The Christian Scholars Program has been a huge influence on the way I've carried out my Christian walk at Georgetown College, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to join.”
-Carrie Jo Cecil '21
Cool Stuff We Do
- Domestic Mission Trips: CSP has a long-standing relationship with UrbanPromise, an inner city ministry in Camden, NJ. CSP often leads a spring break mission trip to serve beside and learn about God’s work from our friends in Camden.
- International Mission Travel: CSP has organized and led spring break trips to work with schools and orphanages in Brazil, Ecuador, and Honduras.
How To Apply
To apply, simply download and complete the application below. It includes a Student Application Form and Essay (To be completed by the applicant) and a Christian Mentor’s Nomination Form (To be completed by the applicant’s mentor). Once the application is complete there are two ways to submit the Application and Christian Mentor’s Recommendation forms (Please follow the instructions below):
- Click Here to access the online application.
- If you have already applied to Georgetown College, log in. If you have not applied for admission to Georgetown College, create an account.
- Click “Start Application” to begin.
Domestic & International Travel
CSP often leads spring break mission trips to serve beside and learn about God’s work all over the world. We have served with UrbanPromise in Camden, New Jersey, and at various schools and orphanages in Brazil, Ecuador, and Honduras
CSP students are more likely to pursue degrees in vocational and lay ministry.
Students accepted into the Christian Scholars Program receive an additional $1,000 per year in scholarship.