1.Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms
2.Representations by You
By visiting our website, you represent, warrant and covenant that (a) you areat least 18 years old; (b) that you are a resident of the United States; and (c)that all materials of any kind submitted by you through the website or forinclusion on the website will not plagiarize, violate or infringe upon the rightsof any third party including trade secret, copyright, trademark, trade dress,privacy, patent or other personal or proprietary rights.
By choosing to access our Website from any location other than the UnitedStates, you accept full responsibility for compliance with all local laws thatare applicable. Georgetown makes no representation that materials on theWebsite are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the UnitedStates and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal isprohibited. You may not use, export or re-export any materials from thisWebsite in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including, but notlimited to , any United States export laws and regulations.
4.Information We Collect and How We Use It
Georgetown College collects certain information from and about its usersthree ways: directly from our web server logs, the user, and with cookies.
- Web Server Logs When you visit our Website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
- Third Party Disclosure We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
5. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. The law is called the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (also referred to as FERPA or the Buckley Amendment). It is codified at 20 U.S.C. section 1232g. The United States Department of Education has issued regulations to implement the law; see 34 CFR part 99. The federal law may be accessed at: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html The federal regulations may be accessed at: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/leg-history.html Please be aware that the federal law and regulations periodically change and the Web versions may not be completely up to date. Questions concerning FERPA may be directed to the Office of the Registrar.
6. Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
The views and opinions expressed on Georgetown College web pages do not necessarily state or reflect those of Georgetown College. The information and content on this server is provided "as is" with no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties and merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Content which appears on this Web site has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice. Although Georgetown College tries to ensure the integrity and the accuracy of Web site content, it makes no guarantees about their correctness or accuracy. Georgetown College makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, quality, non-infringement, accessibility, or adequacy of the contents of the Web site, or the suitability, functionality, or operation of this Web site, its contents, or its use with any other equipment or software. By using this Web site, users assume the risk that the information contained on this Web site may be inaccurate, incomplete, or offensive. Additionally, the possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions, and/or alterations could be made by third parties to Georgetown College Web site materials. Georgetown College is not responsible for such unauthorized alterations which may occur.
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to, negligence, shall Georgetown College be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that may result from the use or inability to use Georgetown College's web pages, including without limitation the use of, or reliance on, information available on Georgetown College's Web site, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance. Notwithstanding the above, you acknowledge that Georgetown College does not prescreen content, but that Georgetown College and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via this web site. Without limiting the foregoing, Georgetown College and its designees shall have the right to remove any content that violates the policies of Georgetown College or is otherwise determined to be objectionable by Georgetown College in its sole discretion.
7. Disclaimer of Contract
All information provided on the Georgetown College Web site is provided solely for informational purposes, and does not constitute a legal contract between Georgetown College and any other person or entity, unless such a contract has been otherwise specified.
8. Indemnity Release
Users of the Georgetown College Web site release and waive any and all claims and/or liability against Georgetown College arising from or in connection with the use of Georgetown College's web pages. User also agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Georgetown College and any of its employees from and against any and all claims or liability, including costs and attorneys fees, arising from, or in connection with, the use of Georgetown College's web pages, or failure to abide by applicable law.
All textual, graphical and other content appearing on this World Wide Web site ("Web Site") are property of Georgetown College. Copyright © 1998-2008 Georgetown College, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, Kentucky 40324, USA. All Rights Reserved. You may view, copy, print and use content contained on this Web Site solely for your own personal use, provided that:
- The content available from this Web Site is used for informational and non-commercial purposes only.
- No text, graphics or other content available from this Web Site is modified in any way.
- No graphics available from this Web Site are used, copied or distributed separate from accompanying text.
- Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppels or otherwise any license or other grant of right to use any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property of Georgetown College or any third party, except as expressly provided herein.
10. Links to Other Web Sites
This web site may contain links to or be accessed through links on World Wide Web sites of other institutions, individuals, or groups. Georgetown College does not have responsibility for the contents, availability, operation, or performance of any other sites to which this web site may be linked or from which this web site may be accessed.
Modifications to the policy will apply to all information, including personally identifiable information, user may provide or have previously provided. Users may contact Georgetown College within 30 days to request their information not be used under terms of the new policy.
12. Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
13. Contacting Us
Georgetown College Information Technology Services
400 E. College Street
Georgetown KY, 40324