Did you have a 504 plan or an IEP in high school? If so, the Office of Equity and Inclusion can help you set up any accommodations that you might need to be successful in the college classroom. If you need to request classroom accommodations, please contact (502) 863-8373.


Many students and families have questions about how to begin setting up accommodations in college. The first stop is to email Tiera Mason, Assistant Dean of Equity and Inclusion, and set up an intake meeting. During this meeting, you will have the opportunity to discuss your specific situation in depth and construct a plan for what accommodations may best serve you at Georgetown. Students requesting accommodations must complete the Request for Accommodations Form, as well as submit a medical verification form that must be completed by a licensed professional, usually a primary physician or counselor.

While 504 or IEP plans from high school do not carry over to college, it is a good idea to bring a copy of the plan, if available, to your intake meeting with Ms. Mason for reference.


Due to space constraints on campus, housing-related accommodations are only granted to students who have a documented medical need. Students who request a private room will undergo the same intake process listed above and, in the intake meeting with Ms. Mason, will discuss options to best meet their specific need.

Georgetown College does not permit students to keep pets other than fish except in very specific situations. Students may only have other animals on campus if that animal is an emotional support animal which has been prescribed as a necessary part of a treatment plan by a counselor or similar licensed professional. Placing a request for an emotional support animal does not grant approval but will include a meeting and paperwork to be submitted with a final decision being made by the Emotional Support Animal committee. Emotional support animals are not allowed on campus under any circumstances prior to official approval from the Disability Services Office.


At GC, we do our best to make sure that all students have access to healthy food that meets their dietary needs. Students with food allergies or sensitivities should set up a meeting with the dining services manager to discuss which foods to avoid in the cafeteria. Currently, the cafeteria posts signage next to the pre-made dishes that includes an ingredients list and indicates if any of the eight common food allergens are in that dish. Our dining services manager will go through the cafeteria with the student to discuss things they can or cannot eat. The dining services staff is also willing to prepare individual food items for students with severe or specific allergen concerns by request.

Students who are vegetarian or vegan don't need to worry about what they will eat. Our cafeteria offers daily vegetarian or vegan options. As with food allergens, there is signage next to these dishes to indicate if they are vegetarian or vegan, and these dishes are typically served in the same location each day.

All students have access to the Montgomery cafeteria, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with options including a sandwich station, salad bar, grill, and several hot dining choices. The LRC also houses the Mulberry, a coffee shop serving Starbucks and several grab-and-go lighter food options, such as soups, sandwiches, and snacks. The College and dining team are working hard this summer to ensure that our dining spaces will be safe and clean for our students in the fall. All proper health and safety precautions will be taken.


Office of Equity and Inclusion

Cralle Student Center, Third Floor
(502) 863-8373

Request More Info chevron_right