Georgetown College updates the Daily Crime and Fire Log within two business days and includes all crimes reported to the Georgetown College Campus Safety Department. The log is available during business hours at Georgetown College Campus Safety, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324. A hard copy of this log can be requested in the Campus Safety office. Below is the Daily Crime and Fire Log for incidents that have been reported during the current calendar year. You will also find archived logs for previous years by clicking on the links below.
Previous Crime Logs
- 2017 Crime and Fire Log.pdf
Current Crime Log
|Classification (Nature of Crime)||Date/Time of Incident||Date/Time Reported||Location||Description||Disposition||Reported By|
|1||Damage of Property/Vandalism||01/04/2018 14:00||01/04/2018 17:00||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Damage found to room's window, as well as graffiti on room's walls.||Open||Georgetown College|
|2||Alcohol||01/04/2018 14:00||01/04/2018 17:00||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for a liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|3||Drugs Violation||01/09/2018 10:00||01/09/2018 10:30||Rucker Village||Six students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|4||Drugs Violation||01/14/2018 19:00||01/16/2018 12:00||Anderson Hall||Three students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|5||Drugs||01/15/2018 14:40||01/16/2018 10:51||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall||Marijuana found near the left porch light on the exterior of the building.||Open||Georgetown College|
|6||Fire||01/18/2018 17:06||01/18/2018 17:07||Wilson Art Building||Sparks from a power tool set fire to saw dust. Damage was caused to exhaust hose and interior wall. No injuries.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|7||Electrical Fire||01/20/2018 17:45||01/21/2018 03:50||Sigma Kappa Residence Hall||Smoke and sparks were coming from electrical wiring from where a lightpole was at one time. Wiring has been repaired. No damage or injuries occurred.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|8||Liquor Law and Drugs Violations||01/20/2018 22:35||01/21/2018 04:45||East Campus Apartments||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law and drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|9||Liquor Law Violation||01/21/2018 02:35||01/21/2018 18:00||Allen Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|10||Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||01/22/2018 02:15||Anderson Hall||Damage found to multiple ceiling tiles and water fountains on the 2nd and 3rd floors.||Open||Georgetown College|
|11||Damage of Property||01/22/2018 20:15||01/23/2018 17:08||Anderson Hall||Damage caused to residence hall room door.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|12||Theft||Date/Time Unknown||01/23/2018 18:40||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall||Television reported stolen from building's lobby.||Open||Georgetown College|
|13||Damage of Property||01/29/2018 13:15||01/29/2018 20:40||Anderson Hall||Damage found to residence hall room door on inside of room.||Open||Georgetown College|
|14||Liquor Law Violation||01/29/2018 22:15||01/30/2018 11:00||Rucker Village||9 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|15||Liquor Law and Drugs Violations||02/01/2018 16:20||02/01/2018 18:08||Anderson Hall||Student referred for disciplinary actions for liquor law and drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|16||Liquor Law and Drugs Violations||02/03/2018 23:30||02/04/2018 18:00||Hambrick Village||2 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law and drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|17||Damage of Property||02/04/2018 15:00||02/04/2018 16:22||Allen Hall Parking Lot||Student's car had tires slashed.||Open||Georgetown College|
|18||Drugs Violations||02/08/2018 20:15||02/08/2018 22:00||Pierce Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|19||Liquor Law Violations||02/09/2019 23:48||02/12/2018 22:00||Flowers Hall||Four students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|20||Liquor Law Violations||02/13/2018 15:30||02/13/2018 16:58||East Campus Apartments||Four students referred for disciplinary action for liquoe law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|21||Theft||Date/Time Unknown||02/15/2018 14:40||Cralle Student Center||Student reported mail being stolen from Campus Mailroom.||Open||Georgetown College|
|22||Criminal Mischief||02/20/2018 02:45||02/20/2018 02:49||Hollyhock Lane/Clayton Avenue||Suspect damaged vehicle off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|23||Theft||Date/Time Unknown||02/20/2018 22:00||John L. Hill Chpel Lounge||Computers and sound system reported stolen.||Open||Georgetown College|
|24||Theft||02/20/2018 Between 18:00 and 23:00||02/21/2018 13:12||Sigma Kappa Residence Hall||Student reported cash being stolen from unlocked residence hall room.||Open||Georgetown College|
|25||Attempted Theft from Motor Vehicle||02/21/2018 02:28||02/21/2018 05:50||Kappa Alpha/Kappa Delta Parking Lot||Report of suspicious individual attempting to gain entry to motor vehicles. Entry was made to two vehicles - no items stolen or missing.||Open||Georgetown College|
|26||Drugs||02/27/2018 15:00||02/28/2018 15:10||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall||Marijuana found in residence hall's laundry room.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|27||Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||03/03/2018 02:54||Anderson Hall||Damage found to multiple ceiling tiles on the 3rd floor.||Open||Georgetown College|
|28||Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||03/03/2018 03:22||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Exit sign damaged in 2nd floor bathroom.||Open||Georgetown College|
|29||Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||03/06/2018 14:30||Anderson Hall||Damage was found to a room's smoke detector.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|30||Drugs Violation||03/06/2018 14:45||03/07/2018 12:00||Anderson Hall||Three students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|31||Liquor Law Violations||03/07/2018 15:45||03/07/2018||Anderson Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|32||Liquor Law Violations||03/07/2018 15:00||03/08/2018 11:37||Anderson Hall||Three students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|33||Burglary||03/13/2018 Between 10:00-11:00||03/13/2018 12:46||Clayton Avenue||Burglarly occurred at an off-campus residence.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|34||Liquor Law Violations||03/15/2018 10:35||03/15/2018 13:23||East Campus Apartments||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|35||Drugs Violation||03/18/2018 16:30||03/18/2018||Cralle Student Center||Male, non-student subject found overdosed on an unspecified drug in first floor restroom.||Open||Georgetown College|
|36||Damage of Property||03/21/2018 15:40||03/21/2018 16:20||Jackson Street||Back window of student's car found to be broken.||Open||Georgetown College|
|37||Harassment||03/20/2018 18:35||03/20/2018 18:35||East College Street||Harassment with physical contact and communicating threats occurred off-campus involving non-students.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|38||Damage of Property||03/21/2018 15:40||03/21/2018 16:20||Jackson Street Parking||Back window of student's car was found broken.||Open||Georgetown College|
|39||Armed Suspect||03/22/2018 21:15||03/23/2018 03:00||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall/South Campus||Reports were received of an unknown armed subject on campus. Suspect was apprehended and was found to not be armed.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|40||Theft from Motor Vehicle||Between 03/25/2018 22:30 and 03/26/2018 21:30||03/28/2018 12:30||Kappa Alpha Parking Lot||Bluetooth speaker stolen from student's motor vehicle.||Open||Georgetown College|
|41||Drugs||03/25/2018 22:45||03/26/2018 00:20||Anderon Hall||Three students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|42||Burglary||Date/Time Unknown||03/26/2018 06:57||Clayton Avenue||Off-campus residence was broken into and had electronics stolen.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|43||Drugs Violation||04/04/2018 16:15||04/04/2018 22:00||Hambrick Village||One student referred for disciplinary action for a drugs violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|44||Drugs Violation||04/05/2018 15:15||04/06/2018 14:28||Anderson Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for a drugs violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|45||Liquor Law Violation||04/07/2018 22:27||04/13/2018 09:26||Anderson Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|46||Liquor Law Violation||04/07/2018 23:20||04/08/2018 01:55||Hambrick Village||One student referred for disciplinary action for a liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|47||Liquor Law Violation||04/08/2018 00:10||04/08/2018 01:32||Hambrick Village||One student referred for disciplinary action for a liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|48||Vandalism||Date/Time Unknown||04/13/2018 11:55||Allen Hall Parking Lot||Three cars reported to have drawings on windows.||Open||Georgetown College|
|49||Fire||04/11/2018 13:20||04/23/2018||Rucker Village Common Area||Clothes dryer overheated due to lint build up and burned a golf uniform. No other damage or injury. Campus Safety was not notified at the time of the event.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|50||Theft||04/13/2018 18:30||04/13/2018 18:30||Cralle Student Center||Student reported clothing and shoes being stolen while in the cafeteria.||Open||Georgetown College|
|51||Damage of Property||04/15/2018 00:06||04/15/2018 03:00||Hambrick Village||Damage caused to apartment window.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|52||Drugs Violation||04/17/2018 10:03||04/17/2018 11:04||Anderson Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for drugs violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|53||Damage of Property||04/18/2018 15:45||04/19/2018 15:14||East Campus Parking Lot||Parking lot light pole was found damaged.||Open||Georgetown College|
|54||Damage of Property||04/21/2018 18:58||04/21/2018 20:27||East Campus Apartments||Damage occurred to apartment walls.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|55||Burglary||Date/Time Unknown||04/24/2018||Clayton Avenue||Burglary occurred at an off-campus residence.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|56||Fire||04/28/2018 00:22||04/28/2018 00:27||Rucker Village||Two laundry dryers overheated and caught fire. No additonal damage or injury caused.||Open||Georgetown College|
|57||Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||05/03/2018 20:30||Lambda Chi Alpha Parking Lot||Damage reported to student's car in an apparent hit-and-run incident.||Open||Georgetown College|
Between 05/02/2018 approx. 22:00 and 05/03/2018 approx. 09:00
|05/03/2018 22:51||President's House Association Residence Hall||Fraternity items reported stolen from residence hall.||Open||Georgetown College|
|59||Theft from Motor Vehicle||05/04/2018 Time Unknown||05/04/2018 17:18||East Campus Parking Lot||Student reported a Mac Book stolen from the backseat of their motor vehicle.||Open||Goegetown College|
|60||Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||05/07/2018||Unknown Location||Damage found to housekeeping vehicle. Unsure when and where damage occurred.||Open||Georgetown College|
|61||Theft||05/06/2018 21:30-22:00||05/08/2018 09:00||Collier Hall Laundry Room||Student reported money being stolen from their wallet that was in the laundry room.||Open||Georgetown College|
|62||Liquor Law Violation||05/08/2018 13:00||05/08/2018 13:30||Hambrick Village||Student referred for disciplinary action for a liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|63||Vandalism||05/09/2018 Time Unknown||05/09/2018 12:39||Kappa Alpha Parking Lot||Student reported vandalism to their vehicle, both inside and outside of the vehicle. Vehicle was left unlocked. Nothing reported stolen or missing.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|64||Drugs||05/17/2018 14:30||05/17/2018 17:04||Rucker Village||Two students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referreal||Georgetown College|
|65||Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||06/05/2018 11:22||Clayton Avenue||Basement windows of an off-campus home were broken.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|66||Theft||Date/Time Unknown||06/05/2018 13:51||Cralle Student Center||Report of a backpack with a cellphone inside being stolen.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|Damage of Property||06/05/2018 23:00||06/06/2018 01:00||George H.W. Bush Center for Fitness||Damage found to billards and ping poing equipment||Open||Georgetown College|
|68||Burglary||Date/Time Unknown||06/18/2018 11:43||Clayton Avenue||Subject broke into off-campus home's garage and removed various items.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|69||Damage of Property||06/20/2018 11:00||06/20/2018 13:30||Pi Kappa Alpha 2nd Floor Mechanical Room||Damage was found to multiple ceiling tiles.||Open||Georgetown College|
|70||Trespassing||06/23/2018 10:44||06/23/2018 10:44||East College Street||Female subject reportedlly trespassing at off-campus residence.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|71||Trespassing||06/23/2018 14:02||06/23/2018 14:02||Military Street||Male subject reportedly trespassing at off-campus residence.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|72||Theft from Motor Vehicle and Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||06/25/2018 07:50||Maintenance Building||A large, white gas tank was reported stolen from the back of College vehicle. Damage was found to the building's gate's lock.||Open||Georgetown College|
|73||Theft||Date/Time Unknown||06/27/2018 08:45||Dudley Avenue||Theft of siding reported from a back yard of an off-campus residence.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|74||Theft||06/28/2018 13:54||06/28/2018 13:54||East College Street||Theft of a cell phone was reported from an off-campus residence.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|75||Damage of Property||07/08/2018 09:08||07/09/2018 10:00||Maintenance Building||Delivery truck casued damage to telephone lines and pole.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|76||Fraud||07/16/2018 08:38||07/16/2018 08:38||Millitary Street||Invidivual gained money through fraudlent means.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|77||Damage of Property||07/16/2018 12:55||07/16/18 13:15||East Campus Apartments||Damage was found to the door frame of an apartment in Building 1.||Open||Georgetown College|
|78||Burglary||07/17/2017 19:29||07/17/2018 19:29||Maddox Street||Burglary reported at an off-campus residence.||Unfounded||Georgetown Police Department|
|79||Damage of Property||07/28/2018 09:00||07/28/2018 12:31||Alumni Gym||Damage found to foyer door and floor.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|80||Theft||08/15/2018 04:30||08/15/2018 08:30||Hambrick Village Parking Lot||Tires/wheels were stolen from a student's car that was parking in the Hambrick Village parking lot.||Open||Georgetown College|
The following are definitions of crimes under The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and are included in this report. These definitions come from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s “Uniform Crime Reporting” (UCR).
- Murder & Non-Negligent Manslaughter — The willful killing of one human being by another.
- Negligent Manslaughter — The killing of another person through gross negligence.
- Robbery — The taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
- Aggravated Assault — An unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. This type of assault usually is accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm. (It is not necessary that injury result from an aggravated assault when a gun, knife, or other weapon is used which could, and probably would, result in serious personal injury if the crime were successfully completed.)
- Burglary — The unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or a theft. For reporting purposes this definition includes: unlawful entry with intent to commit a larceny or felony; breaking and entering with intent to commit a larceny; housebreaking; safecracking; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Motor Vehicle Theft — The theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. (Classify as motor vehicle theft all cases where automobiles are taken by persons not having lawful access even though the vehicles are later abandoned, including joyriding.)
- Arson — Any willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn, with or without intent to defraud, a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc.
- Arrests for Weapon Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances dealing with weapon offenses, regulatory in nature, such as: manufacture, sale, or possession of deadly weapons; carrying deadly weapons, concealed or openly; furnishing deadly weapons to minors; aliens possessing deadly weapons; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Arrests for Drug Abuse Violations — Violations of State and local laws relating to the unlawful possession, sale, use, growing, manufacturing, and making of narcotic drugs. The relevant substances include: opium or cocaine and their derivatives (morphine, heroin, codeine); marijuana; synthetic narcotics and dangerous nonnarcotic drugs
- Arrests for Liquor Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting: the manufacture, sale, transporting, furnishing, possessing of intoxicating liquor; maintaining unlawful drinking places; bootlegging; operating a still; furnishing liquor to a minor or intemperate person; using a vehicle for illegal transportation of liquor; drinking on a train or public conveyance; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned. (Drunkenness & driving under the influence are not included in this definition.)
- Disciplinary Referrals for Weapon Law Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Drug Abuse Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Liquor Law Violations
- Hate Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- Forcible — Any sexual act directed against another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or not forcibly or against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of giving consent. ii.
- Nonforcible — Unlawful, nonforcible sexual intercourse.
- Incest. Nonforcible sexual intercourse between persons who are related to each other within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law.
- Statutory Rape. Nonforcible sexual intercourse with a person who is under the statutory age of consent.
- Domestic Violence — Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed —
- By a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
- By a person whom the victim shares a child in common;
- By a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
- By a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred; or
- By any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from the person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
- Dating Violence — Violence committed by a person —
- Who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim and
- The existence of such a relationship shall be based on the reporting party’s statement and with consideration of the length of the relationship, the type of relationship, and the frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Dating violence includes, but is not limited to, sexual or physical abuse or the threat of such abuse.
- Dating violence does not include acts covered under the definition of domestic violence.
18. Stalking — Engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to —
- Fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others; or
- Suffer substantial emotional distress.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Course of conduct means two or more acts, including, but not limited to, acts with the stalker directly, indirectly, or through third parties, by any action, method, device, or means follows, observes, serveils, threatens, or communicates to or about, a person, or interferes with a person’s property.
- Substantial emotional distress means significant mental suffering or anguish that may, but does not necessarily, require medical or professional treatment of counseling.
- Reasonable persons means a reasonable person under similar circumstances and with similar identities to the victim.
 34 C.F.R. Part 668, Appendix E to Part 668.47.