Georgetown College updates the Daily Crime and Fire Log within two business days and includes all crimes reported to the Georgetown College Campus Safety Department. The log is available during business hours at Georgetown College Campus Safety, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324. A hard copy of this log can be requested in the Campus Safety office. Below is the Daily Crime and Fire Log for incidents that have been reported during the current calendar year. You will also find archived logs for previous years by clicking on the links below.
Previous Crime Logs
- 2017 Crime and Fire Log.pdf
Current Crime Log
|Classification (Nature of Crime)||Date/Time of Incident||Date/Time Reported||Location||Description||Disposition||Reported By|
|1||Theft from vehicle||01/01/2019 unknown||01/01/2019 1423 hrs.||615 Clayton Avenue||Unknown subject entered vehicle and removed items. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|2||Vandalism||01/12/2019 2238 hrs||01/16/2019 0135 hrs||South Campus Quad||Students found driving on the grass in the quad.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|3||Theft from Vehicle||01/10/2019 2230 hrs||01/11/2019 1130 hrs||Sigma Kappa Lot||Unknown subject removed items from student's car||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|4||Drug Law Violation||01/16/2019 1615 hrs||01/17/2019 1456 hrs||Hambrick Village||Students referred for disciplinary action for violation of drug and paraphernalia laws||Closed||Georgetown College|
|5||Liquor Law Violation||01/16/2019 1315 hrs||01/18/2019 1023 hrs||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Students referred for disciplinary action for violation of Liquor Law violation||Closed||Georgetown College|
|6||Theft from Vehicle||01/11/2019 Unknown||01/11/2019 0826 hrs||405 Avondale Avenue||Unknown subject removed items from victim's car. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|7||Theft from Vehicle||01/11/2019 Unknown||01/11/2019 0924 hrs||422 1/2 Avondale Avenue||Unknown subject removed money and pens from victim's car. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|8||Drug Law Violation||01/13/2019 1404 hrs||01/13/2019 1404 hrs||438 Avondale Avenue||Drug Activity. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|9||Liquor Law Violation & Argument||01/20/2019 0017 hrs.||01/22/2019 1501 hrs||Collier Residence Hall||Students were intoxicated and got into verbal & physical argument. Students were referred for disciplinary action for incident||Closed||Georgetown College|
|10||Menacing||01/20/2019 0036 hrs.||01/20/2019 0036 hrs.||407 Clayton Avenue||Female is the victim of menacing as male student attempted to strike her with closed fist. Student||Closed||Georgetown Police|
|11||Liquor Law Violation||01/13/2019 Unknown||01/13/2019 0900 hrs.||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Several Alcoholic Beverage containers were located in the building. The containers were emptied and disposed of.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|12||Vandalism||01/22/2019 1630 hrs.||01/22/2019 1639 hrs.||East Campus||Unknown subject in a Ford F-350 Dually was doing donuts by the pump house and then went to the softball field and was doing donuts there too.||Open||Georgetown College|
|13||Theft from Vehicle||01/24/2019 0545 hrs.||01/24/2019 0551 hrs,||Hambrick Village Parking Lot||Unknown subject had been inside the students vehicle. Student found 2 coats and a sharps container full of used needles inside his vehicle. Nothing appears to be missing.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|14||Theft from Vehicle||01/24/2019 Unknown||01/24/2019 1840 hrrs.||Pit Parking Lot||Student victim reported that a car charger, gift cards, and cash was missing from her vehicle. No visible marks of locksmith tools.||Open||Georgetown College|
|15||Theft from Vehicle||01/24/2019 Unknown||01/24/2019 2145 hrs.||Clayton Avenue||Student reported that his truck was unlocked but stated that nothing appeared to be taken. He found a pair of glasses and and a glasses case inside the truck.||Open||Georgetown College|
|16||Theft from Vehicle||01/24/2019 Unknown||01/25/2019 1400 hrs.||Allen Parking Lot||Student reported that someone had broken into her vehicle. Nothing appeared to be stolen from her vehicle but there was a set of keys that was wedged in between the seats||Open||Georgetown College|
|17||Theft from Vehicle||01/24/2019 Unknown||01/26/2019 2016 hrs.||Allen Parking Lot||Student reported that someone had broken into her vehicle and removed several items of her from the vehicle but the unknown subject had left a bottle of perfume.||Open||Georgetown College|
|18||Liquor Law Violation||01/26/2019 0030 hrs.||01/26/2019 1200 hrs.||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Students referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws||Closed||Georgetown College|
|19||LIqour Law Violation||02/04/2019 1515 hrs.||02/04/2019 1837 hrs.||Rucker Village||Student referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws||Closed||Georgetown College|
|20||Attempt auto theft||01/24/2019 Unknown||01/24/2019 0545 hrs||Hambrick Village Parking Lot||Unknown got inside of vehicle and moved it but couldn't drive manual transmission - Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|21||Theft of firearm||01/23/2019 Unknown||01/23/2019 0900 hrs.||427 Fountain Avenue||Victim had firearm removed from his truck. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|22||Theft from Vehicle||01/24/2019 Unknown||01/24/2019 1125 hrs.||Clayton Ave at Hollyhock Lane||Student had gas and items removed from his vehicle - Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|23||Theft from Vehicle||01/24/2019 Unknown||01/24/2019 1307 hrs.||Sigma Parking Lot||Unknown subject entered student's vehicle and removed items. - Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|24||Theft from Vehicle||01/24/2019 Unknown||01/25/2019 2229 hrs.||320 Clayton Avenue||Unknown subject broke into vehicle and removed items. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|25||Domestic Assault||01/27/2019 2200 hrs.||01/28/2019 0619 hrs.||629 Military Street||Male subject advised he was assaulted by his grandson. Non-Student||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|26||Theft from Vehicle||02/02/2019 Unknown||02/02/2019 1300 hrs.||402 East Jackson Street||Student reported that unknown subject entered vehicle and removed items. Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|27||Theft from Vehicle||02/03/2019 Unknown||02/03/2019 1248 hrs.||700 East Jackson Street||Unknown Subject entered vehicle and removed items. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|28||Intoxicated Person||02/04/2019 1601 hrs.||02/04/2019 1601 hrs.||Military Street at Clayton Avenue||Male subject in the street. Non-Student||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|29||Theft of Property||02/02/2019 Unknown||02/05/2019 1405 hrs.||East Main Street||Victim attending an off-campus party had property stolen. Student||Open||Georgetown College|
|30||Harassment||02/06/2019 2324 hrs.||02/07/2019 0634 hrs.||Allen Residence Hall||Victim stated that male student was following her and talking. She told him to leave her alone. Male Student was advised to stay away and not to talk to her.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|31||Weapons Law Violation||02/01/2019 0047 hrs.||02/08/2019 1348 hrs.||Rucker Village||Students referred for disciplinary action for setting off a small mortar style firework.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|32||Liquor Law Violation||02/10/2019 0120 hrs.||02/11/2019 1500 hrs.||East Campus Apartments||Students referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws||Closed||Georgetown College|
|33||Assault||02/10/2019 0409 hrs.||02/10/2019 0409 hrs.||East Campus Apartments||Student struck another student.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|34||Liquor Law Violation||02/09/2019 2350 hrs.||02/10/2019 0130 hrs.||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall||Students referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|35||Harassment||02/08/2019 1400 hrs||02/08/2019 1948 hrs.||Ensor Learning Resource Center||Student reported that another student is following her from class. Making her feel uncomfortable.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|36||Priority One Fire Alarm||02/06/2019 1359 hrs.||02/06/2019 1359 hrs.||Anderson Residence Hall||Priority One fire alarm. No fire conditions. Bad smoke detector||Closed||
|37||Liquor Law Violation||02/10/2019 0100 hrs.||02/10/2019 0137 hrs.||Rucker Village||Students referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws. Five separate incidents.||Closed||
|38||Stalking||02/12/2019 1430 hrs.||02/12/2019 1851 hrs.||Asher Science Building||Victim stated that the subject approached her in class and attempted to speak to her. Victim stated that she has told him that she does not want to speak with him.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|39||Stalking||02/11/2019 1800 hrs.||02/12/2019 2030 hrs.||Asher Science Building||Victim states that subject waits for her outside her classroom and follows her. Victim||Closed||Georgetown College|
|40||Vandalism||02/13/2019 2330 hrs.||02/13/2019 2350 hrs.||Hambrick Village||Victim stated that someone had thrown an egg at her door.||Open||Georgetown College|
|41||Fire Alarm||02/13/2019 1913 hrs.||02/13/2019 1913 hrs.||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Priority One Fire alarm. No fire conditions. Student cooking||Closed||Georgetown College|
|42||Vandalism||02/13/2019 2350 hrs.||02/16/2019 1540 hrs||Hambrick Village||Students admitted to throwing eggs at victim's door.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|43||Vandalism||02/16/2019 1500 hrs.||02/16/2019 1740 hrs.||East Apartments Laundry||Unknown subject torn the screen off of the window and then opened window to building||Open||Georgetown College|
|44||Violation of Liquor Laws||02/16/2019 2251 hrs.||02/18/2019 0210 hrs.||Anderson Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|45||Domestic Violence (Verbal)||02/18/2019 2055 hrs.||02/18/2019 2300 hrs.||Flowers Residence Hall||Student involved in a verbal altercation with boyfriend. Boyfriend left area before officers arrived.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|46||Theft of vehicle||02/07/2019 Unknown||02/07/2019 0528 hrs.||225 North Mulberry||Someone took victim's vehicle without permission. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|47||Fight||02/10/2019 0043 hrs.||02/10/2019 0043 hrs.||435 Dudley Avenue||Group of people were at this address fighting and causing a disturbance. Non-Student||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|48||Fight||02/11/2019 2249 hrs.||02/11/2019 2249 hrs.||627 Second Street||Fight between a male and a female. Non-Student||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|49||Theft||02/15/2019 Unknown||02/15/2019 1353 hrs.||428 Avondale Avenue||Female had $200 stolen from her purse. Possibly roommate. Non-Student||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|50||Domestic Violence||02/16/2019 1606 hrs.||02/16/2019 1606 hrs.||508 1/2 Dudley Avenue||Domestic fight between mother and son over drugs. Non-Student||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|51||Theft of License Plate||02/20/2019 Unknown||02/20/2019 1110 hrs.||Pit Parking lot||Unknown subject removed the victim's license plate||Open||Georgetown College|
|52||Theft of Property||02/20/2019 Unknown||02/20/2019 1100 hrs.||Maintenance Compound||Three maintenance vehicles had tools removed from the vehicles.||Open||Georgetown College|
|53||Vandalism||02/08/2019 Unknown||02/08/2019 1730 hrs.||Rec Center||Subjects broke ping pong paddles and broke pool table cues.||Open||Georgetown College|
|54||Sexual Assault||01/25/2019 2352 hrs.||01/26/2019 0200 hrs.||East Campus Apartments||Female student was sexually assaulted by male student. GPD has an open investigation.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|55||Theft||02/20/2019 Unknown||02/20/2019 0839 hrs.||795 East Jackson Street||Several vehicles broken into with tools stolen. Non-student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|56||Theft||02/20/2019 Unknown||02/20/2019 1104 hrs||Military Street at East Jackson Street||Victim reported that someone stole a license plate from vehicle. Non-Student||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|57||Priority One Fire Alarm||02/25/2019 2049 hrs.||02/25/2019 2049 hrs.||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Priority One fire alarm. No fire conditions. Matches being lit||Closed||Georgetown College|
|58||Priority One Fire Alarm||02/25/2019 2111 hrs.||02/25/2019 2111 hrs.||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Second Priority One fire alarm. No fire conditions. Residual from matches being lit.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|59||Violation of Liquor Laws||03/01/2019 1940 hrs.||03/01/2019 2017 hrs.||Hambrick Village||Student referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|60||Vandalism||03/03/2019 0249 hrs.||03/04/2019 0042 hrs.||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Student threw eggs at the Residence Hall.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|61||Harassment||03/02/2019 1600 hrs.||03/02/2019 1600 hrs||Robert Wilson Baseball Field||UNOH parents reported that their players were called names and harassed while on the field.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|62||Violation of Liquor Laws||03/04/2019 1530 hrs.||03/04/2019 1653 hrs.||Anderson Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws||Closed||Georgetown College|
|63||Violation of Liquor Laws||03/04/2019 1520 hrs.||03/05/2019 1432 hrs.||Anderson Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws||Closed||Georgetown College|
|64||Fire Code & Liquor Law violation||03/05/2019 0900 hrs.||03/05/2019 1617 hrs.||Knight Residence Hall||smoke detector was covered, burnt incense was found. Also located were two wine bottles.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|65||Stalking||02/11/2019 1800 hrs.||03/06/2019 0300 hrs.||Main Campus||Student reported that another student keeps following them, stares at them in class, and waits for them after class.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|66||Liquor Law Violation||03/07/2019 1200 hrs.||03/07/2019 1253 hrs.||Flowers Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|67||Liquor Law Violation||03/08/2019 1630 hrs.||03/11/2019 1301 hrs.||East Campus Apartments||Student referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|68||Liquor Law Violation||03/08/2019 1700 hrs.||03/11/2019 1301 hrs.||East Campus Apartments||Student referred for disciplinary action for violation of liquor laws||Closed||
|69||Vandalism||03/07/2019 1115 hrs.||03/07/2019 1215 hrs.||Anderson Residence Hall||Damage to stairwell doors and damaged ceiling tiles.||Open||Georgetown College|
The following are definitions of crimes under The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and are included in this report. These definitions come from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s “Uniform Crime Reporting” (UCR).
- Murder & Non-Negligent Manslaughter — The willful killing of one human being by another.
- Negligent Manslaughter — The killing of another person through gross negligence.
- Robbery — The taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
- Aggravated Assault — An unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. This type of assault usually is accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm. (It is not necessary that injury result from an aggravated assault when a gun, knife, or other weapon is used which could, and probably would, result in serious personal injury if the crime were successfully completed.)
- Burglary — The unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or theft. For reporting purposes, this definition includes: unlawful entry with intent to commit a larceny or felony; breaking and entering with intent to commit a larceny; housebreaking; safecracking; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Motor Vehicle Theft — The theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. (Classify as motor vehicle theft all cases where automobiles are taken by persons not having lawful access even though the vehicles are later abandoned, including joyriding.)
- Arson — Any willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn, with or without intent to defraud, a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc.
- Arrests for Weapon Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances dealing with weapon offenses, regulatory in nature, such as: manufacture, sale, or possession of deadly weapons; carrying deadly weapons, concealed or openly; furnishing deadly weapons to minors; aliens possessing deadly weapons; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Arrests for Drug Abuse Violations — Violations of State and local laws relating to the unlawful possession, sale, use, growing, manufacturing, and making of narcotic drugs. The relevant substances include: opium or cocaine and their derivatives (morphine, heroin, codeine); marijuana; synthetic narcotics and dangerous nonnarcotic drugs
- Arrests for Liquor Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting: the manufacture, sale, transporting, furnishing, possessing of intoxicating liquor; maintaining unlawful drinking places; bootlegging; operating a still; furnishing liquor to a minor or intemperate person; using a vehicle for illegal transportation of liquor; drinking on a train or public conveyance; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned. (Drunkenness & driving under the influence are not included in this definition.)
- Disciplinary Referrals for Weapon Law Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Drug Abuse Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Liquor Law Violations
- Hate Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- Forcible — Any sexual act directed against another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or not forcibly or against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of giving consent. ii.
- Nonforcible — Unlawful, nonforcible sexual intercourse.
- Incest. Nonforcible sexual intercourse between persons who are related to each other within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law.
- Statutory Rape. Nonforcible sexual intercourse with a person who is under the statutory age of consent.
- Domestic Violence — Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed —
- By a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
- By a person whom the victim shares a child in common;
- By a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
- By a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred; or
- By any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from the person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
- Dating Violence — Violence committed by a person —
- Who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim and
- The existence of such a relationship shall be based on the reporting party’s statement and with consideration of the length of the relationship, the type of relationship, and the frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Dating violence includes, but is not limited to, sexual or physical abuse or the threat of such abuse.
- Dating violence does not include acts covered under the definition of domestic violence.
18. Stalking — Engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to —
- Fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others; or
- Suffer substantial emotional distress.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Course of conduct means two or more acts, including, but not limited to, acts with the stalker directly, indirectly, or through third parties, by any action, method, device, or means follows, observes, surveils, threatens, or communicates to or about, a person, or interferes with a person’s property.
- Substantial emotional distress means significant mental suffering or anguish that may, but does not necessarily, require medical or professional treatment of counseling.
- Reasonable persons means a reasonable person under similar circumstances and with similar identities to the victim.
 34 C.F.R. Part 668, Appendix E to Part 668.47.