This position assists students with the process of filing and receiving student loans.
Expectations of the Employee
Expectations of employee
- Adhere to College Policy and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the College
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meet Department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Process Federal Direct and Plus loans electronically
- Process private/alternative loans
- Conduct and coordinate entrance/exit interviews for loan recipients
- Maintain records for new students and cancelations
- Keep current of federal regulations about loans
- Process Bagby, Stapp, and Shell College loans
- Coordinate with Registrar and Business Office to ensure accuracy of student status
- Responsible for completing KEES Estimates and resolving Social Security Issues
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Needed Skills and Abilities
Needed skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and / or Experience -- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication / Language -- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical -- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning -- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations -- None required
- Computer Literacy / General Office Equipment -- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel. Word, Outlook), CARS / Jenzabar System, Internet. Basic office equipment to include facsimile, copier machines, printer.