The Department of Education at Georgetown College invites nominations and applications for up to two positions at the rank of assistant/associate professor (non-tenure track) in P-12 special education, beginning fall 2018 (July 1), pending funding. One position will require certification in Moderate and Severe Disabilities (MSD); the second position is open to any candidate with an earned doctorate in special education. Both positions are 12-month teaching position. Both positions require productive teaching, and one of the candidates may have the opportunity to coordinate the Special Education Programs.
The successful applicant will teach online graduate courses, advise students, supervise clinical and internship experiences, serve on departmental and college committees, engage in scholarship, participate in professional organizations, attend Institute of Higher Ed special education meetings, collaborate in P12 school settings, and participate in state and national program review and accreditation processes.
Needed Skills and Abilities
Needed skills and abilities
- An earned doctorate in special education
- Teaching certification in Moderate & Severe Disabilities (MSD)
- Three years of experience working in P-12 special education classrooms
- Experiences with delivering or taking online courses
- Experience with measurement, evaluation and assessment for regular and special education populations
- Higher education teaching experiences
- Knowledge of CAEP accreditation policy and procedures
- Teaching and research expertise in special education
March 15 2018
Submit letter of intent, curriculum vita and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Joy Bowers-Campbell, email@example.com